Minimum Graduation Requirements
- Select a graduation Plan (Honor Or General or be recommended for the Alternative) and receive a passing grade in all requirements listed for the plan.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance and citizenship record.
- Attend high school eight (8) semesters- unless proper arrangements have been made for early graduation.
- All fees must be paid, make-up work and /or detention time completed.
- Verification from the grade level staff Advisor that the graduate has completed six (6) hours of volunteer community service for each year in high school.
- The number of credits needed for graduation is 24.
- You must complete your 4-year Education Plan and Education Profile.
Each graduate must earn the appropriate number of credits (24) as listed above, and which includes the following:
- 4 credits of English ( Pass Reading and Writing OAKS or Pass work samples in each area- 2 per area.)
- 3 credits of Math (Algebra 1 and above) (Must pass the state test or pass math work samples 2 or other qualifying scores on National test-see counselor)
- 3 credits of Science
- 3 credits of Social Sciences
- 1 credit of Health
- 1 credit of Physical Education
- 1 credit of Computer Applications
- 1 credit of a Foreign Language
- .5 credit of Career Transitions (Sr year)
- 2 credits of electives (ART and/or CTE)
- 4.5 Electives
Students must meet specific criteria in order to fulfill graduation requirements. These include: developing an education plan, an education profile; demonstrating extended application through a collection of evidence; demonstrating career-related knowledge and skills; and participating in career-related learning experiences as outlined in the education plan. Students will begin developing their portfolios during their freshman year. A senior class, one-semester length class called "Career Transitions" will be required to fulfill this extended application requirement).