Migrant Education Program-Title IC
Title I- Improving Academic Achievement
Part C- Migratory Children
Title IC funds support high quality education programs for migratory children and help ensure that migratory children who move among the states are not penalized in any manner by disparities among states curriculum, graduation requirements, or state academic content and student academic achievement.
How Students Qualify
A certified MEP staff person must assess eligibility criteria which includes:
- Under 22 years old and has not yet graduated.
- Has moved across school district boundaries.
- "Move" was within the last 3 years (including short duration moves).
- The purpose of the move was for them or a parent/guardian to seek or obtain work in agriculture, forestry or fishing.
MEP Services Include
- 24 hour accident insurance
- Parent involvement and meetings
- Referrals to community resources
- Academic support
- College and career transition classes
- Pre-school support
- Summer school
- Free lunch program for students in public schools